Cranbrook, Great Swanport, Oct. 7,1844.
AT a Meeting of the Subscribers towards the Erection of a Place of Worship at Glen Gala, Great Swan Port, in connection with the Presbyterian Church of this colony, held at Cranbrook on the above dale, to which all due publicity was given, the Rev. T. Dove being called to the chair, the following Resolutions were unanimously adopted ;
1. That five acres of land on the estate of Glen Gala, at the line of junction with the property of Mr. C. Meredith, and lying on the main road from Swansea to St. Paul’s Plains, offered as an eligible site for a Place of Worship in connection with the Presbyterian Church of the colony, be accepted for that purpose.
2. That it is considered by this meeting that an edifice 45 feet in length by 24 in breadth, and 16 feet in height, and capable of containing about 200 sittings, with a vestry and school room annexed to it, would amply meet the wants of this neighbourhood.
The Courier, 15 October 1844