52 Hampden Rd, Battery Point. Google Maps.
Now Battery Point Community Hall
From In Bobby’s Footsteps: Battery Point History Walk:
An afternoon tea of tea and plum cake probably attracted people to the opening of the Congregational Sunday School, now the Battery Point Community Hall, in February 1850. Purpose-built as a Sunday school, children were expected to attend all day!
The building was extended in the 1860s and in 1918 was bought by the Methodists for a Methodist Mission Hall and Sunday School. It operated until the 1950s, when it was marked for demolition to build a service station. Community support rallied behind Miss Dorothea Henslowe to raise money to purchase the hall as a community centre.