Interior of St Thomas’s (Anglican) Church, Weekly Courier 18 February 1905
AVOCA.-The new episcopal church at Avoca was opened for divine service on the 8th instant, when the Rev. Mr. Richardson preached an appropriate sermon to a congregation of about one hundred and twenty persons: after service the sacrament was administered. The collection on the occasion amounted to £9 10s. The building, which is substantial as well as ornamental, has cost upwards of’ £1800; £700 was granted by government, and the balance evidences the liberality of the inhabitants of the district, who have not only found funds for the completion of the church, but have also generously contributed towards the erection of a parsonage house, which will be finished in about nine months. We rejoice to learn that the inhabitants of Avoca have at length secured a suitable place of worship and a pious pastor. We believe the Rev. Mr. Richardson is appreciated and beloved by the flock over which he has been called to preside, and it is our sincere desire that his labours among them may be abundantly blessed.
Launceston Examiner, 28 May 1842