PATTERSON’s PLAINS CHAPEL.-This building, erected by the Wesleyans will be opened for divine service, on Sunday next, the 6th December, when the Rev. Mr. Eggleston will preach in the morning at eleven, and in the evening at six o’clock. This place of worship is situated about three miles from town, on the east bank of the North Esk, near Clarke’s Ford: though small, the chapel is a particularly neat specimen of the Italian style, and was designed by Mr. William Archer, junior, of Woolmers, who kindly presented the plan.
The Examiner, 2 December 1846
Headstones are around the church building.