Entally Estate: the original house was built 1819 and modified over the following decades. The yards at the back have a number of farm buildings constructed over the same period, including this carriage house and stable building.
The stable area is on the right. The carriage area is on the left.
This a rough plan to give an idea of the relationship between the different parts of the building. The area over the back is more storage for carriages, that faces onto a different yard.
TACK ROOM & STABLE
The door on the left is the entrance to the stalls. The door on the right is the entrance for the tack room.
The stove is to help maintain a constant environment in the room.
Door between tack room and stalls.
Floor is brick, with river stone in the stall area.