Sailor’s Return

Cnr St John & William Streets. Google Maps.


The building marked with a red 1 is the Ship. If the Sailor’s Return is on the corner of St John St and William St and opposite the Ship, it must be the building marked with a red 2. (Click for a larger version. From Smythe, H. W. H., Plan of the town of Launceston, VDL, 1835)

1832 John Dunn, Sailor’s Return, St John Street
1833 William Mellish, Sailor’s Return, St John Street
1835-36 John Tildesly, Sailor’s Return, St John St
Cornwall Chronicle, 6 June 1835 b
Cornwall Chronicle, 6 June 1835


Launceston Advertiser, 20 July 1837


Launceston Advertiser, 20 July 1837


Launceston Advertiser, 30 November 1837


Launceston Advertiser, 14 June 1837

Leave a Reply