Foremost in the list of new churches comes St. George’s new church, Invermay, Launceston. We voice our congratulations to the rector, tho Rev. W. W. Gregson, and his parishioners, on tho successful issue of their effort. The result is most praiseworthy–a fine commodious brick church,’ as yet only partially completed, and not nearly free from debt.
Daily Telegraph, 21 April 1926
DEDICATION OF ALTAR.
In St. George’s Church of England, Invermay, last night, the new altar was dedicated. For the five years since the new church was opened efforts have been made, principally, by several women of the parish, to collect money for a new altar.
The Mercury, 30 April 1931