A small wooden church, adjoining and possibly just south of the current Holy Redeemer Church. Replaced in 1886.
Possibly it was built in the 1850s. On the 13th April 1856, John Gannan (45 years, farmer, free) married Catherine Morrissey (25 years, house servant(?), free) in “the Catholic church, Deloraine”.
Some twelve months ago the Rev. E. F. Walsh, the pastor of the district, found the little wooden church which for many years had been used for the services of his church too small for the increased and increasing congregation, and voluntary subscriptions were invited, and so liberally were these responded to that a large sum wan obtained. It was then determined to have plans drawn, and tenders invited for the erection of a church to accommodate 600 persons, which will be erected contiguous to the present edifice, and on the northern side
Launceston Examiner, 11 November 1884
The new church, which will be a handsome and substantial edifice, after the style of the one at Westbury, will be almost upon the site of the old one, and is only a stone’s throw from the railway station.
Daily Telegraph, 11 November 1884