Built and opened in 1835.
Location on Google Maps
An earlier chapel was built further along the street, just past George St, where the Anglican Holy Trinity Church is now. In the 1860s, the congregation out grew the chapel and a larger church was built next door, which is now the Pilgrim Uniting Church. This former chapel is now the church hall.
From Wikipedia Commons.
TENDERS for the ERECTION of a WESLEYAN CHAPEL, in Paterson-street, Launceston, will be received at the House of the Undersigned, where plans and specifications may be seen, until SATURDAY, April 4,1835.
ISAAC SHERWIN, Secretary.
Launceston Advertiser, 26 March 1835
New Wesleyan Chapel— This day, tenders were offered to Mr. Isaac Sherwin, for the erection of a Wesleyan Chapel, in Paterson Street. The leaders of the various religious persuasions, do well to provide accommodation for their followers. We hope to see the building prove an ornament to the Town, and we have little doubt but that it will be so, if constructed under the able management of Mr. Jackson.
Cornwall Chronicle, 4 April 1935
The first stone of the new Wesleyan Chapel in Paterson-street was laid on Monday last, in presence of a large number of spectators. The building is now proceeding towards completion — and in a very few months it is hoped this additional building for purposes of public worship will be opened to the public.
Launceston Advertiser, 23 April 1835
The Wesleyan Chapel in Paterson-street progresses quickly; and we see with satisfaction that its size is such as will not render the building merely a temporary one, but that it will for many years to come be in all likelihood large enough to accommodate the whole of the Wesleyan community in the town. When completed, the Chapel will be the handsomest edifice in Launceston.
Launceston Advertiser, 4 June 1835
The new Wesleyan Chapel in Paterson-street is to be opened on Christmas-day.
Launceston Advertiser, 17 December 1835