Built ? early 1850s?
Replaced 1874 with the opening of Holy Trinity Church
The progress of religion is not the less marked. There are now within the space of a few hundred yards at Westbury an Episcopalian, Wesleyan, and Roman Catholic church. The latter place of worship, capable of holding about two hundred persons, is regularly filled, but the services are at present only held on alternate Sundays, owing to the Rev. Mr. Hogan’s duties extending to Longford and Deloraine. A fine harmonium has recently been added to the church, and the singing is highly creditable.
Launceston Examiner, 11 December 1858
For some a years past it has been the earnest endeavor of the Rev. J. Hogan, the Catholic pastor of Westbury, and his congregation to secure a building for the worship of Almighty God commensurate with the growing necessities of the people, and the more modern ideas of church architecture. The old wooden church has outlived its purpose, and the procuring of a new building has been forced upon the members by irresistible circumstances.
Launceston Examiner, 21 May 1874