Presbyterian Church, Newstead


138 Abbott St, Newstead. Google Maps.

Opened 1941.

From Launceston Historical Society’s “20th Century Churches in Launceston”:
Closed 1988. Was an outpost of Chalmers’ Presbyterian Church. Originally known as Chalmers’ Newstead, in 1965 the church became known at St Stephen’s, Newstead. In 1988 the congregation moved to Chant Street Uniting Church of Australia. Window high up on west wall was originally top sash of a window in Scots National Church, Charles Street.

Continue reading