Huon Hwy, Geeveston. Google maps.
5 Brownell St, Geeveston. Google maps.
The Church of Christ at Geeveston was opened on 17 June 1906. The new chapel was described as a “neat wooden structure, splendidly situated, and seated to accommodate about 200 people”.
By the 1950s the church numbers were dwindling.
In 1978 it amalgamated with the local Congregational Church to become the Geeveston Community Church (the local Congregationsl Church had decided not to be part of the Uniting Church of Australia).
Tasmanian Archives & Heritage Office