Water Cart, Horse-drawn

This water cart has two points of interest on the back. On the left is an information panel and on the right is an opening that lets you look inside. The panel says: This water cart was used at the Tasmania Mine to spray the mine year to rest the dust. The driver could operate...

Read More

Blundells Cottage

Originally from LiveJournal This one is Blundells Cottage from the park along edge of Lake Burley-Griffin in Canberra. One of the few buildings in the area that pre-date the creation of the Australian Capital Territory. Information from the self-guided tour brochure is in italics. This small stone cottage was built about 1860 as a home for workers...

Read More

George Town Watch House

George Town Watch House, built 1840s.  (Better photo of front.) Numbers are a guide to the location/direction of the corresponding mimages (the number are to the right of the thumb nails). Room marked as "watch house" on the plan is now the entry & gift shop. The two rooms on the right have been combined...

Read More

Tram

No 29 tram, at Launceston Tramway Museum. It was in service in Launceston from 1930 - 1952.

Read More

Coach House & Stables

The coach house and stable at Runymede consists of a front room with large double doors where the carriage is and a second room at the back with the stalls, and a wooden addition. There are pegs on the wall of the stable room for tack (I assume) and a regular door in the back...

Read More

Tram

No 8 tram, at Launceston Tramway Museum. It was in service in Launceston from October 1911 to June 1951. Starting from the front, there is the driver's compartment, an open seating section, access to the saloon, saloon, another open seating section with a door into the saloon, and a driver's compartment at the other end....

Read More

Gaiety Theatre, Zeehan

A large theatre in a (now) small mining town. Built 1898. A small historical display within the building provides the following information: Edward Mulchay M.H.A built a timber hotel called the Royal Exchange on the site of an abandoned silver/lead mine in 1882. It was totally destroyed by fire two years later but within five...

Read More