More photos in linked posts.
A2 steam locomotive, Port of Echuca Discovery Centre
The A2 class was an express passenger locomotive that ran on Victorian Railways from 1907 to 1963. A highly successful design entirely the work of Victorian Railways' own design office, its long service life was repeatedly extended as economic depression and war delayed the introduction of more modern and powerful replacement locomotives.
Several of these Krauss locomotives operated on Tasmania's West Coast. This particular engine once belonged to the Mt Lyell Mining Company. It runs on narrow (2 feet) gauge lines. By using these narrower tracks, the mining companies were able to build railway lines more cheaply to access areas that would have been very expensive to reach by other means.