This is one of two hotels in the main street of Sovereign Hill (open air museum & replica gold fields town). The other one, with less photos, is across the road.
Empire Hotel, front staircase and back halls. Mostly taken at night or in areas with no windows so lighting is bad.
Mirror on the landing.
A large theatre in a (now) small mining town. Built 1898. A small historical display within the building provides the following information:
Edward Mulchay M.H.A built a timber hotel called the Royal Exchange on the site of an abandoned silver/lead mine in 1882. It was totally destroyed by fire two years later but within five years he had assembled his own and other capital to enter into a new enterprise, the Gaiety Theatre and Grand hotel. The destruction of the Royal Exchange and his personal loss of 5,000 pounds were strong in his mind so the new building was to be built of bricks, the first of which were being made at that time in Zeehan by John Connor.
Numbers indicate (approximately) the view of the corresponding photo.