Tram

Larger version. Restored tram, belonging to Hobart City Council. First paragraph: TRAM NO. 39 Built in 1917 as a two-man tram. No. 39 was originally operated by both a driver and a conductor. In 1926 it was converted to a one-man tram on which the driver was also required to collect the fares. After about...

Read More

Portable Steam Engine

At Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre From eHive entry: Steam engine (portable), c.1900 "A single cylinder, wood fired portable steam engine. It would have been moved to the job by bullocks or horses."

Read More

Tram

No 29 tram, at Launceston Tramway Museum. It was in service in Launceston from 1930 - 1952.

Read More

Tram

No 8 tram, at Launceston Tramway Museum. It was in service in Launceston from October 1911 to June 1951. Starting from the front, there is the driver's compartment, an open seating section, access to the saloon, saloon, another open seating section with a door into the saloon, and a driver's compartment at the other end....

Read More