Kitchen, Commandant’s House/Canarvon Hotel

Larger image From on-site panels: When the penal settlement closed in 1877, tourists flocked to the area. In 1885 Port Arthur was renamed Carnarvon and the Commandant's House converted into the Carnavon Hotel. Over the next 70 years it was used as a boarnding house and private residence. When this kitchen was added in 1854,...

Read More